DURATION: 6 hours
This course is designed to educate, to ensure employers, management, and workers on the responsibilities for securing loads on over-the-road transportation vehicles and those responsible for enforcement. Course information is based on the North American Cargo Securement Standard incorporated in the regulations for the United States and Canada, as well as ensuring employers, management, and workers understand the hazards associated with uncontrolled energy and the proper methods of controlling that energy through a properly developed and implemented lockout program.
Cargo Securement Course Outline:
• CVSA guidelines, federal and DOT requirements
• Tie down requirements (direct and indirect)
• Out of service and inspection criteria for rigging gear
• Requirements for general and specific loads
• Load placement and securement
• Forged securement hardware versus castings
• Drivers responsibility
• Review and Examination
Lock-Out Course Outline:
: Upon successful completion of the course, a wallet card and all necessary paperwork for each participant will be submitted to the employer as proof of training.
Schedule your Cargo Securement/Lockout training or get a quote today!
PROFACTS is dedicated to the safety of workers.