DURATION: 4 hours (approximately)
The Construction Regulation (O. Reg. 213/91) under the Occupational Health and Safety Act specifies that a worker required to direct traffic “shall be given adequate written and oral instructions, in a language that he or she understands, with respect to directing vehicle traffic, and those instructions shall include a description of the signals that are to be used” (Section 69 (4) (d)).
Upon the completion of this course you will be certified to meet the legal requirements under Section 69 of the Regulation.
• Ontario Health and Safety Act and regulations relating to traffic control.
• Roles and responsibilities.
• Protecting and motoring with traffic flow regulation.
• Speed Control in Work Zones, including pilot vehicles.
• Pedestrians & Cyclists Traffic Control.
• Guidelines and requirements applicable to non-freeways.
• Rural and urban application.
• Procedures and methods for Work Zone Traffic Control.
• Traffic Protection and Traffic Control Planning.
• Step-by-step procedures for safe set-up and removal of traffic control.
• Traffic Control Devices: Application, location, specifications, maintenance.
• Temporary markings and delineation patterns.
• Review /Questionnaire.
: Upon successful completion of the course, a wallet card and all necessary paperwork for each participant will be submitted to the employer as proof of training.
Schedule your Traffic Control training or get a quote today!
PROFACTS is dedicated to the safety of workers.